Man charged with willful, obscene exposure near Forbes school

A 21-year-old man has been charged with two counts of willful and obscene exposure after alleged incidents in the vicinity of a local primary school on Wednesday afternoon.

Forbes Sergeant Adrian Matthews said there had been three complaints about the man’s behaviour and he urged anyone else with information about it to contact Forbes Police on 6853 9999. 

This week on the local police beat, a 24-year-old man has been charged in relation to a one-punch assault at a licensed premises in the early hours of October 29.

Sgt Matthews said the assault was one of four serious alcohol-related assaults in the town centre in recent weeks.

He said there was excellent CCTV coverage of the areas and charges had been laid.

“Being drunk is no excuse,” Sgt Matthews said.

One victim of a recent one-punch attack required $500 worth of dental work after an assault. Another sustained cuts to the face in a glassing.

Police are investigating two hoax calls made to emergency services in the past week. The first was received on Saturday night, the second on Monday.

Sergeant Adrian Matthews said making hoax calls claiming there was an emergency was an offence and could result in other people’s lives being in danger.

Police are investigating a fire that damaged a garbage bin in Conridge Street on Tuesday night.

Police are also investigating a break-in at storage units in Elizabeth Street, between November 3 and 6.