Sydney buyers with an historic link have paid a record $7.8 million for a 613 hectare property on The Escort Way 15 minute from Orange.
McCormack Barber real estate and Peter Fisher Real Estate were the joint selling agents for the property.
Peter Fisher agent Michael Wright said the sale price of The Bridge was above the expected price of about $7 million.
He said there were 16 registered bidders and several who bid above the $7 million mark.
Mr Wright said one of the the winning bidder’s grandfather had lived on the property about 80 years ago.
“It was a really good sale, there was a lot of interest,” he said.
“It started at $5.5 million and it just kept going up from there.”
Mr Wright said the property was larger than normal and the infrastructure of the house and grazing farm were in good condition.
He said he now had 15 eager buyers looking for property in the Orange region.
And historic Tyneside, an 1899 property in Sale Street, has become just the eighth house in the Orange CBD to sell for more than one million dollars.
Benchmark Rural and Lifestyle agent Nigel Staniforth said the undisclosed price was “easily” over the million dollar mark.
Mr Staniforth said the buyers were retirees from Sydney.
He said 70 per cent of the buying interest for house on a 2100 square metre block had come from Sydney.
- 27 Byng Street, $1.5million, McCormack Barber
- 78 Byng Street, $1.46 million, McCormack Barber
- 72 Byng Street, $1.27 million, McCormack Barber
- 36 Hill Street, $1.1 million, Blowes Real Estate
- 41 Byng Street, $1.03 million, McCormack Barber
- 62 Byng Street, $1.02 million, Townsend Real Estate
- 52 Kite Street, $1 million, LJ Hooker
- 15 Sale Street, $1 million plus, Benchmark Rural and Lifestyle