Forbes community members are invited to reflect on and recognise the sacrifice of our nation's service men and women next Thursday, Anzac Day.
The day's local commemorations will follow the traditional format, commencing with the dawn service at the cenotaph at 5.30am.
Marchers for the dawn service are invited to assemble in front of the Forbes Services Memorial Club at 5.15am for the march to the cenotaph.
Marchers for the mid-morning service are invited to assemble in Cross Street at 10am.
The mid-morning march will commence at 10.15am, proceeding to the cenotaph.
The order of the march this year is:
- Forbes North Primary School
- St Laurence's School
- Early Childhood Centers (Bright Beginning, Good Start, Learning Ladder and Outside School Care)
- Forbes Primary School
- Bedgerabong School
- Forbes High School
- Red Bend College Drum Corps
- Red Bend Catholic College
- Forbes Dreaming Center
- St John First Aid Service
- Veterans Cars and Taxis
- Forbes Town Band
- Flag Party Ex Service personnel
- Rural Fire Services.
- SES Members and Safety Vehicle.
Special guest for this year's service is Scott Stephens, who will give the commemorative address.
Representatives of local schools will also participate in the service.