More than 200 Cabonne businesses are in the running for the 2019 Cabonne Daroo Business Awards after being nominated by their customers and clients.
A record 1,000 individual nominations were received from throughout the Shire, which awards chairman Libby Oldham described as "phenomenal".
"The number of individual nominations was 33 per cent higher than last year, while the number of businesses, community organisations and individuals to receive nomination rose by an amazing 66 per cent," Mrs Oldham said.
"A record 33 groups were also nominated in the category for Contribution to Cabonne by a Community Organisation."
Mrs Oldham said the community's participation in the nominations process was unprecedented and was a tremendous endorsement of Cabonne business operators and their employees.
"To be recognised by your customers and clients is one of the best compliments any business can receive," she said.
An online voting process has now started to determine finalists in each of the 17 categories, and people can cast their votes by going to www.daroobusinessawards.com.au
Winners will be announced at a gala dinner at Manildra on Friday 1 November 2019.
Mrs Oldham said that with such a large number of nominations this year, it will be an outstanding achievement to be named as a finalist.
"Tickets for the presentation dinner will go on sale in the next few weeks and are likely to be in high demand," she said.
"I would advise people to buy their tickets early as the event has been a sell-out in recent years."
The ticket price of $66 remains the same as in previous years.
Eugowra nominees are:
- Eugowra Central Hotel in several categories
- AgNVet Eugowra in several categories
- Cafe Fifty-One in several categories
- Eat Your Greens in several categories
- M and A Bray Transport in Best Ongoing Business
- Avalind Photography in Best Home-Based Business
- Craft on the Creek in Excellence in Tourism Business
- Eugowra Evening VIEW Club in Contribution to Cabonne (community)
- Eugowra Events and Tourism Association in Contribution to Cabonne (community)
- Matilda Den from Eugowra Central Hotel in Employee of the Year