Planning for the Forbes section of the Inland Rail is progressing - and there are some opportunities for community members and businesses to find out more in the coming month.
Local businesses are being asked to register their interest in the Stockinbingal to Parkes stretch of the Inland Rail.
Stockinbingal to Parkes is one of 13 projects that will enhance roughly 173km of existing rail corridor.
The project area spans from just north of the rail junction in Stockinbingal to just south of Goobang Junction in Parkes.
The project includes works required to provide enough clearance and new infrastructure for double-stacked container trains.
Planned works outlined on the website include:
- replacing the Lachlan River rail bridge in Forbes
- increasing vertical clearance under the Wyndham Avenue road bridge in Forbes
- modifications to structures and rail tracks within the rail corridor
- new crossing loop north of Daroobalgie Road.
The Daroobalgie crossing loop construction is scheduled to commence in early 2020, ahead of construction on the other sites within the Stockinbingal to Parkes project which are scheduled to be constructed before Inland Rail operations commence in 2025.
The first section of Inland Rail, between Parkes and Narromine, is set to open mid this year.
READ MORE: Forbes in focus as feasibility studies for Inland Rail progress
Inland Rail invites local businesses to register online at https://inlandrail.artc.com.au/S2P to learn more about how to tender for work.
The local business briefing will be held on Tuesday 4 February 2020, 6pm-8pm at Forbes Services Memorial Club, 41-43 Templar Street, Forbes.
Community members can also attend one of three community sessions next month to see how work is progressing:
- When: Tuesday 4 February 2020, 9am-12pm
- Where: Forbes Central West Livestock Exchange, Back Yamma Road, Daroobalgie, NSW
Forbes: Session 1
- When: Thursday 6 February 2020, 8.30am-12.30pm
- Where: Footpath outside News on Rankin, 70 Rankin St, Forbes, NSW
Forbes: Session 2
- When: Thursday 6 February 2020, 4pm-7pm
- Where: Entrance to Bernardi's, 159-173 Lachlan St, Forbes, NSW