Decision still pending on stay at home orders for three Central West LGA's

Western Local Health District Chief Executive Scott McLachlan.

Western Local Health District Chief Executive Scott McLachlan.

"Stay at home" orders for residents of Orange, Cabonne and Blayney are scheduled to come to an end tonight, but a decision on whether that would occur was still pending as the Champion Post prepared for press on Monday.

The latest advice from the Western Area Health District was that we remained in a critical period of COVID-19 testing.

Chief executive Scott McLachlan said on Monday there had been no new cases of COVID-19 in western NSW. Our region had just the one active case who was identified last week.

Of concern was a drop in regional testing numbers to 900 on Sunday.

"This is a really crucial time for us, the next 24 hours," Mr McLachlan said.

"We are really encouraging the community to come and get tested if you've got any symptoms or signs, however mild they might be, or any concerns."

He urged those who were tested a week ago, particularly those who were tested after a case made a delivery in Parkes or anyone who attended the identified Orange or Bathurst venues of concern, to remain vigilant for the mildest of symptoms.

Testing will be available 10am to 2pm at Parkes Showground today (Tuesday).

At Monday morning's State press briefing, Premier Gladys Berejiklian again stressed the importance of the "stay at home" orders for the Greater Sydney region.

In the 24 hours to 8pm Sunday NSW recorded another 145 cases of COVID-19: 66 linked to a known case or cluster including 57 household contacts.

"Can I stress again that it is really important for people not to leave home unless they have to, and in particular, do not have any contact with people outside your household," NSW Premier Gladys Berejikilian said.

"If you do need to work and you are recognised as an authorised worker you adhere to all of the COVID safety measures."

NSW Chief Health Officer Dr Kerry Chant said of the day's new cases, 51 were in the community for their infectious period, and 25 were in the community for "part" of their infectious period.

There have been 2,226 locally acquired cases reported since June 16, when the first case in the Bondi cluster was reported.

Sadly, NSW Health was notified of two COVID-related deaths. There have now been eight deaths in NSW during this outbreak.

There are currently 156 COVID-19 cases admitted to hospital, with 44 people in intensive care, 18 of whom require ventilation.

The lockdown for Greater Sydney is now in its fifth week, along with requirements to wear a mask in indoor spaces such as supermarkets and limit household visitors to five elsewhere in NSW.

This story Monday critical for Central West lockdown areas first appeared on Parkes Champion-Post.