The Lachlan River has peaked at 10.01m at the Iron Bridge gauge in Forbes, and moderate flooding continues on Tuesday morning.
The Bureau of Meteorology's Tuesday morning flood bulletin says the peak arrived in Forbes about 3pm Monday; by Tuesday morning the Iron Bridge gauge read 9.9m and falling.
Cottons Weir has peaked at 6.15m - above the moderate flood level of 5.3m - about 9pm Monday.
Forbes Shire road closures include:
- Lachlan Valley Way (Gooloogong to Cowra)
- Henry Lawson Way (Forbes to Grenfell) - detour Newell Highway and Mid Western Highway
- Wirrinya Road at Dog and Duck
- Yarrabandai Road between Woodlawn Lane and Corridgery Road
- Bedgerabong Road - closed to light vehicles
More information and updates on the Forbes Shire Council website.
Jemalong is still experiencing major flooding from the earlier peak, with roads into Forbes as well as numerous local roads remaining closed.
The Jemalong Weir Downstream gauge was at 7.83m and steady as of Tuesday morning, the major flood level is 7.7m.
Moderate flooding is occurring at Condobolin.
Lachlan Shire road closures (due to flooding) as of Monday were:
- North Forbes Road (SR 85) - CLOSED to all vehicles due to water over the road approx. 12km east of Condobolin.
- Lachlan Valley Way (MR 377) South Forbes Road - CLOSED to all vehicles just east of Jemalong, at the 21 Mile.
- Kiacatoo Road (MR 7521) west of Kiacatoo - CLOSED to all vehicles.
- Diggers Road (SR 94) - CLOSED to all vehicles.
- Burcher Road (SR 1145) - CLOSED from Fitzgerald Road (SR 106) to Lachlan Shire LGA boundary
- Smythes Culvert, Lachlan Valley Way (MR57S) just past the Utes in the Paddock - water over road, passable with caution.
Full list and updates on the Lachlan Shire Facebook page.